Bartolini Orzo Grain 500g
Flavour profile: His versatile grain offers a subtle hint of sweetness, complemented by a satisfying chewy texture
Serving Portions: 5 - 6 portions (80g - 100g per person)
Description: Bartolini Orzo Grain 500g, a true treasure in the realm of grains, carries within it the rich tapestry of Italian culinary heritage. This small but mighty grain embodies the essence of tradition, capturing the essence of sun-drenched fields and generations of artisanal craftsmanship. Its golden hues and tender texture evoke a sense of warmth and comfort, reminiscent of leisurely family meals and cherished recipes passed down through time. With its delicate nuttiness and subtle sweetness, Bartolini Orzo Grain 500g invites you to embark on a sensory journey, where the vibrant flavors of Italy intertwine with the magic of shared moments around the table. Let this culinary gem transport you to the heart of Italian gastronomy, where culinary artistry and cultural heritage harmoniously converge.
Ingredients: Pearled barley
Our Recommendation: Try using Bartolini Orzo Grain as a delightful substitute for traditional pasta in soups, salads, or pilaf dishes. Its delicate texture and nutty flavor add a unique twist to classic recipes. Create a vibrant Mediterranean-inspired salad by tossing cooked orzo grain with fresh vegetables, feta cheese, and a tangy vinaigrette. Alternatively, simmer it in a flavorful broth with vegetables and herbs for a comforting and nourishing soup. Whether as a side dish, a main course, or a creative addition to your recipes, Bartolini Orzo Grain 500g is sure to elevate your culinary endeavors with its distinct charm. Explore the endless possibilities and let your culinary imagination flourish.
Step 1: Preparation
- Rinse the Bartolini Orzo Grain under cold water to remove any impurities.
- Optional: Soak the orzo grain in water for 15-30 minutes to reduce cooking time.
- Drain the soaked orzo grain before cooking.
Step 2: Cooking
- In a saucepan, bring water or broth to a boil in a 1:2 ratio (1 cup orzo grain to 2 cups liquid).
- Add the drained orzo grain to the boiling liquid and stir well.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover the saucepan.
- Let the orzo grain cook for about 10-12 minutes or until it is tender but still slightly firm to the bite.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
Step 3: Serving
- Once the orzo grain is cooked, drain any excess liquid if necessary.
- Use the cooked orzo grain as a base for various dishes, such as salads, pilafs, or soups.
- Enhance the flavor by adding herbs, spices, vegetables, or proteins of your choice.
- Serve the cooked Bartolini Orzo Grain as a side dish or incorporate it into your favorite recipes for a delightful twist.
Enjoy the versatility and delicate nutty flavor of Bartolini Orzo Grain in your culinary creations. Let your imagination guide you as you explore the countless ways to incorporate this grain into your favorite dishes.
|of which: saturates
|of which: sugars
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)